Our contact details
Name: Berkley Estate & Letting Agents Ltd
Address: 75 Hinckley Road, Leicester, LE3 0TD
Phone Number: 0116 254 4755
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and
- information about your visit
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Arranging viewings, expressing interest in property, valuations (not limited to). Information required to ensure the safety of our staff at viewings, valuations. Contact information, telephone numbers and email addresses required.
- Ensuring compliance legislation to include Right To Rent Checks required under section 22 of the immigration act 2014 and The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017.
- Enable tailored marketing and communication to you
- Improving our products and services, understanding your requirements to personalise the properties and services we show you.
- To process your transaction, either through out third party referencing company for the rental of properties, or for the purchase of a property through us. This will be personal information including financial.
- Preventing fraud
- Customer service- the information provided to us will allow us to assist you in your enquiry in a timely and relevant manner.
We may share this information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we collect information:
We collect information in the following ways:
- In person via our branches
- By telephone
- By post
- By SMS
- By Email
- Social Media, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok
- Property Portals
- Third Party Websites
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Who do we share it with?
Including but not limited to tenant referencing agents, landlords, maintenance contractors, gas and electrical contractors, utility providers, insurance providers and other estate agents.
Including but not limited to Solicitors / Conveyancers, Surveyors, Financial / Mortgage advisors, estate agents within the chain, developers if new build purchase, contactors and property maintenance providers
Company Software Providers, Website Hosts, Analytic Platform Including (but not limited to):
Vebra Alto, AgentOS, FixFlo, BriefYourMarket, WebExpert, Google Analytics, Zero
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email: email@example.com or 75 Hinckley Road, Leicester, LE3 OTD if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Berkley Estate & Letting Agents Ltd, 75 Hinckley Road, Leicester, LE3 0TD.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1111
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk